Skip to main content

Delirious mishmash

Flea market in the 3rd arrondissement. Doubt I'd call it impomptu or even amateur ― but deals can be found if you're willing to dig through some boxes.

It's le week-end, meaning Paris' attic liquidators are lining neighborhood sidewalks. Funny how other people's junk seems so much more interesting here! If you pick up an item for inspection, be aware that as soon as you place it back, it's fair game. A guy snapped up an amusing Mao Tse-tung alarm clock as soon as he saw I was interested in it. Congratulations, sir!


This lady complained nonstop for a minute that I had taken a picture of her and her stuff. My French isn't very good, but my impression is that her husband told her to chill.


Gouged doll's head and some antique cases. Tantalizing!


Toy cannon and family photos. Create a new identity!


Some old corkscrews, a midcentury clock and other oddments.

Comments